Charles Ralph Lane, 89, of Lyons, passed away on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at MercyOne Medical Center in Sioux City, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, June 12, 2021, at 10:30 a.m. at Munderloh-Smith Funeral Home in Bancroft, with Pastor Toni Hightree officiating. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral at the funeral home. Burial with military honors will be held in the Lyons Cemetery in Lyons. Memorials are suggested to the family for future designation. Arrangements are under the direction of Munderloh-Smith Funeral Home in Bancroft.
- R. Lane was born on July 17, 1931, to Joseph and Gladys (Goranson) Lane in rural Rosalie. He attended and graduated from Rosalie High School in 1949. He served in the United States Air Force. On October 7, 1951, Charles married Janice P. Nelsen in Lyons at the Methodist Church. To this union the couple had 6 children.
- R. was an active outdoorsman when he was younger, he enjoyed going on hunting and fishing trips, and riding horses. When traveling and going on vacations, C. R. and Janice pulled their camper everywhere, they very rarely stayed in a hotel. In more recent years, C. R. would travel to demolition derbies and car shows with his family. He was very proud of his family and loved visiting with people about his family. C. R. will always be remembered for his “one liner’s” and short phrases.
- R. was a member of the Lyons VFW Post 7998 Robert Klase-Rogers Post.
- R. is survived by his son, Rocky (Julia) Lane of Lyons; daughters, Ranee (Charles) Cliff of Lake City, Minn, Rita Lane of Lyons, Robin (Bryan) Frahm of Lyons, Lana (Joe) Minton of Lyons, Lorna (Dan) Walker of Lincoln; 14 grandchildren; 31 great grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
- R. is preceded in death by his wife, Janice Lane; parents; and brother, Jerry (Wilma) Lane.